Our Health and Wellness bloggers from Body Fusion are back, and they are sharing a very yum sounding recipe.
Hello In the Cove readers,
This month, we are very excited to be sharing one of our favourite recipes that is easy, nutritious and loved by the whole family. These patties tick all the boxes! We have tried and tested them with the kiddies and plates were left empty after dinner! They are super quick to make, keep perfectly in the fridge and are just as good hot or cold the following day. Serve with a big salad or steamed vegetables for a perfectly balanced and filling meal.
Why do we love this recipe?
- Omega-3: Research suggests that omega-3 is beneficial for heart health, and may also help to reduce blood pressure, lower triglycerides and ease inflammation. Salmon is a wonderful source of omega-3!
- Fibre: Fibre aids in digestion, supports gut health and promotes a healthy immune system. It has also been shown to be effective in lowering cholesterol levels. The vegetables, quinoa and sweet potato provide a great source of fibre.
- Protein: Protein is the building blocks of our body. It is also important for repairing and rebuilding tissues and producing hormones. Lean protein from the salmon and eggs will assist in maintaining these processes in the body and will also help to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Low glycaemic index (GI) carbohydrates: The sweet potato and quinoa provide a great source of low GI carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are broken down slowly in the body and sugar is released gradually into the blood stream. This assists in slowing down digestion and may help you to feel fuller for longer.
- 1 cup sweet potato, chopped (1cm x 1xm) or mashed
- 2x 415g salmon tins
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/3 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Bring a medium saucepan to the boil. Add sweet potato and boil for 10-15 minutes or until soft. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- Drain salmon and combine with sweet potato.
- Add quinoa, onion, coriander and garlic into salmon and sweet potato mixture. Stir through using a spoon.
- Add lemon juice and eggs to bowl. Mix well using a spoon.
- Use hands to combine mixture and form medium sized patties. Lightly sprinkle patties with wholemeal flour.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large frying pan. Cook patties until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve with a side of salad and vegetables.
Yours in health and happiness,
The Body Fusion Team
At Body Fusion, we work with adults, children and families to develop individualised and tailored advice. We understand the importance of food and nutrition during all stages of life. As Accredited Practising Dietitians, food and eating is our speciality, and we can help you find what’s right for you.
Address: 175 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove NSW 2066
Phone: 0422 297 271
Web: Body Fusion
Facebook: Body Fusion
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org