The Public Health (COVID-19 Mandatory Face Coverings) Order (No 3) 2021 commenced on 26 June 2021. This Order creates some additional requirements for Greater Sydney (including Sydney, the Central Coast, Shellharbour, and Wollongong).
Under the Order, a person must wear a mask (covering the nose and mouth of the wearer) if they are:
- In an indoor area of a NSW airport (including a passenger waiting area)
- A person on a domestic commercial aircraft that lands at, or takes off from, a NSW airport while the aircraft is at a NSW airport or in NSW airspace
- At a public transport waiting area, or in a vehicle or vessel being used to provide a public transport service in Greater Sydney (Sydney, the Central Coast, the City of Shellharbour, and the City of Wollongong)
- At any indoor area in Greater Sydney (Sydney, the Central Coast, the City of Shellharbour, and the City of Wollongong) that is a:
- Retail premises or business premises that provides goods/services to members of the public who attend the premises including:
- Shopping centres
- Bank branches
- Post offices
- Hairdressing salons
- Nail salons
- Beauty salons
- Tanning salons
- Waxing salons
- Tattoo parlours
- Massage parlours
- Betting agencies
- Licenced premises under the Liquor Act 2007 such as pubs, registered clubs, casinos being used for gaming, including gaming lounges
- Entertainment facilities
- Places being used for public worship or religious services
- Residential aged care facilities (excluding residents at the facility)
Hospitality workers in Greater Sydney (Sydney, the Central Coast, the City of Shellharbour, and the City of Wollongong) whose functions require the person to deal directly with members of the public whilst carrying out those functions
Masks are required in gym classes and dance classes, unless the person participating is under 12 or cannot wear a mask for physical or mental health reasons.
The usual exemptions that apply under the Public Health (COVID-19 Mandatory Face Coverings) Order (No 3) 2021 apply in Greater Sydney (e.g. persons aged 12 or under or persons with a physical or mental condition that make wearing a mask unsuitable).
Penalties of $200 will apply for not wearing a mask.
An exemption is in place on commercial aircrafts and in NSW airports for flight crew and airport workers such as an engineer or other technical staff, and a range of other activities in connection with an aircraft, where they are not interacting directly with passengers.
How Do I Wear a Mask Properly?
Pinch the mask at the bridge of your nose. Pull the bottom of the mask underneath your chin so both your nose and mouth are covered. (Sarah is correctly wearing a mask in our cover photo).
Are You Looking to Buy or Sell in Lane Cove?
In The Cove is now producing a weekly Lane Cove Property Update. See our latest update here.
If you are selling, ask your agent if they are an ITC Lane Cove Property Guide supporter.
In the Cove is on Instagram
In the Cove Weekly News Blast
Have you ever heard people talking about a hot Lane Cove issue and wondered how they knew about it? More than likely, they get our newsletter every Wednesday Night at 7.30 pm, and it has all the info that was on any of our social media platforms and more – so sign up now and never have FOMO (fear of missing out). SIGN UP HERE