Bespoke Catering is located on Northwood Road, Northwood across the road from Porter’s Liquor. Bespoke is “a confident and experienced food venture that offers flexible dining for a wide variety of events and functions”.
The team at Bespoke shared a wintery recipe with us, for Turkish Lentil Soup.
Turkish Lentil Soup
Ingredients: (Makes 2.5 litres)
• 1 cup of red lentils, washed and drained
• 1 carrot, peeled and diced
• 1 desire potato, peeled and diced
• 7 cups water
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 yellow onion, finely shredded
• 2 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed by hand
• Salt to taste
• 1 tablespoon butter (for garnish)
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper mixed with olive oil (for garnish)
• 4 lemon wedges (for serving)
1.In a soup pot, combine the lentils, carrot, potato, 4 cups of the water. Bring
it to a boil, lower the heat, and cover the pan. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes
until the lentil and vegetables become tender.
2. Add it to a blender in batches and set aside in a big bowl.
3. Meanwhile, in a thick bottom pot, over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon
olive oil. Add onion pieces and cook covered for 7 to 8 minutes or until it
4. Add tomato paste, paprika, black pepper, and mint. Cook for 3 to 4
minutes, or until fully cooked through.
5. Add lentil and potato mixture with 3 cups of warm water. Cook for 8 to 10
minutes over medium-low heat by stirring continuously. Set it aside in a soup
6. Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan, over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon
butter. Add cayenne pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it bubbles.
Tip it to the soup with a spoon on the serving bowl.
Serve hot with lemon optional cayenne oil and dried mint.
Address: 1/16 Northwood Road, Northwood NSW 2066
Phone: 0429 043 538
Facebook: Bespoke Catering
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly In the Cove Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @inthecove
- Tweet us on Twitter @InTheCoveITC
- Pin us on Pinterest inthecoveITC
- Tell your friends about ITC (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that ITC is a website and they do not have to have access to any Social Media to enjoy ITC – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow ITC but don’t have Facebook or Instagram account (you don’t need them)