Are you back at work or still basking in a holiday glow? Are you like ITC and the New year starts on 1st February when you know you have to put your head down and work work and work. Heidi from FIT Lane Cove has some suggestions on how you can make 2019 your best year yet!!
Does this sound like you? Over a couple of glasses of bubbles, you have made a 20 point plan to get healthy and fit. You launch into your gym work and do seven 3 hour gym sessions in 5 days, feel exhausted and then give up on your 20 point plan. Instead of rushing into an unrealistic plan, take some time to mentally set yourself up to be fit and healthy in 2019. Be realistic about your goals.
Choose 1-3 things you would love to achieve in 2019. Perhaps a health and fitness goal, a workplace goal and a personal goal. Write them down and then ask some questions!
- Are your goals really attainable? Do you need to reset the time, effort and cost to produce a realistic and positive outcome?
- Ask yourself how you will feel when you reach your goal. What exactly do you want? Identify some outcomes that do not involve a feeling eg – I will fit size 12 jeans or I will eat a healthy breakfast daily. Having a physical outcome makes the goal easier to reach.
- Why do you want to reach this goal? What is the aspiration behind the goal, and will this goal really achieve that?
- The more specific your description, the bigger the chance you’ll get exactly that. State what you want, draw a picture, make a chart but work out where, with who, how and when you want to achieve your goals.
- Keep the timeline realistic and flexible, and have an accountability buddy who you can check in with. Keep a journal, Instagram your journal or find another way to show the progress you have made.
A Personal Trainer or a gym buddy can be just the person to walk beside you as you knock over these milestones.
To help you on your way FIT Lane Cove has a New Year Offer for new members. The $10 Fit pass entitles you to 5 consecutive days at FIT Lane Cove. Unlimited classes and full 365 access. You must be over 14 years of age to apply. Terms & Conditions apply. Take advantage of this offer now.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? ITC is here to help just email us at [email protected]